Thoughts and analysis on the Philadelphia Eagles



Bleeding Green Live at Eagles Training Camp!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Bleeding Green Live at Eagles Training Camp!

I was able to get up to Lehigh and catch the final day of open practices at Eagles TC yesterday. It was a hot day, but the place was packed and the atmosphere was overall very cool. I know everyone always says it, but if you've never been to training camp you really should go next year. There's nothing like hanging out 6 feet from the players and hearing them joke and talk Xs & Os.

Here's some of my observations.

Pinky and Greg Lewis switched jerseys at TC yesterday. It prompted a bunch of people around me to remark about how well Pinky was moving. I must have had to repeat myself 5 times that it clearly not Pinky wearing the #87 Pinkston jersey.

Also, Marty Johnson was wearing #36, although with no name. That seemed to fool alot of people that Westy was practicing.

I don't see anyway Bloom makes the team. He will get cut and resigned to the practice squad. He's not even the 3rd string KR, he took NO reps returning kicks. How it is that a guy drafted solely to return kicks can't even a rep during a non contact TC drill is beyond me. (I only caught the afternoon practice. If he took reps in the AM let me know). The only drills he was in were as a 3rd or 4th team WR and as a 2nd or 3rd team onside kick coverage.

Dawkins made 2 picks and looks to be in midseason form. Plus he signed my Eagles Insider.... :D

Buckhalter ran well. Obviously it's no indication as to how he'll perform in an actual game, but looks to be moving well in practice.

Gaffney made the grab of the day. It was on a pass from Koy that was maybe a half step overthrown that Jabar grabbed with his fingertips. Hank Baskett has yet to not catch a ball from what I've seen. Reggie Brown looked good, especially on a quick out where he caught a ball and immediately darted past everyone upfield.

Gocong is lining up at the SAM spot. I know some people had said he'd revert back to a DE this year... but he was definetly playing SAM with the 2nd team yesterday.

I also can't see how Timmy Chang makes the team. He was bad yesterday. He threw alot of balls in the dirt and over heads, plus he threw several picks. 2 to Dawkins and one to Gaither if memory serves me. Koy looked alot sharper IMO.

Finally a funny note is what the Eagles have out there for you to buy. Now there's a billion different things in their Merch tent... but the funniest thing is the jerseys. In one afternoon I saw Eagles fans wearing 9 different versions of a McNabb jersey. I saw all 3 regular colors(black, white, & green), 2 versions of pink jerseys(both the all pink and the white with pink accents), a McNabb pro bowl jersey, a white with green pastel and rhinestones McNabb jersey, a McNabb Syracuse jersey(admittedly the Eagles don't sell that), and finally a Red McNabb training camp jersey a guy was wearing.

Later today I'll post a bunch of the pictures I took at camp.


0 Responses to “Bleeding Green Live at Eagles Training Camp!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3


Quick RSS Subscription Links for Bleeding Green Blogarama - The Blogs Directory Directory of Sports Blogs Subscribe with Bloglines Blog Directory & Search engine Listed on the ArmchairGM Sports Blog Index